Our Programs & Classes
Students and enthusiasts of Taekwondo have many reasons for their interest in this and other martial art styles. Some are drawn to the physical fitness and weight-loss aspects of training. Others seek to add discipline and self control to their lives. While still others are concerned about safety and self-defense.
Whether you are interested in our programs for mental or physical well being, South Knoxville TaeKwonDo offers a number of programs that will fit your developmental needs and your busy schedule as well. Click here to view our Weekly Class Schedule.
Beginner's Martial Arts Classes (4-12)
Our Junior Program teaches self-confidence, focus, self-discipline, courtesy and teamwork in a fun environment. During a typical class students may participate in a variety of activities such as:
* Working with an instructor to learn or improve their Form
* Practicing Sparring or One-Step skills
* Partner drills to learn to punch and kick more effectively
* Board Breaking
* Participating in a relay races & obstacle courses
* Bully Busters and Stranger Danger Programs
* Agility, Balance, Strength and Cardio Drills
TaeKwonDo can also become an influential tool in a child's personal development such as:
* Having the self-confidence to better deal adversity
* Developing the self-discipline and self-control to not to bully others
* Combating childhood obesity
* Learning to focus and improve school performance
* Setting and achieving short term and long term goals
* Becoming role models and develop leadership qualities
Martial Arts After School Program
South Knoxville TaeKwonDo was the first martial arts school in the area to promote and offer this unique program. Vans pick up elementary and middle school students from various area schools and bring them back to our martial arts center for daily classes.
Students have transition time before their daily martial arts mat activities. This program is a great alternative to traditional after school programs and allows students to remain active while learning character building skills.
Schools currently on our pick up list: Dogwood, Bonny Kate, Mooreland Heights, Mount Olive, and South Doyle Middle.
Adult and Teen Martial Arts Classes (13-up)
Adult and Teen classes provide an excellent strength training and aerobic workout for wide range of ages and abilities. Activities are designed to allow you to work out at your pace and level as strength, flexibility and endurance improve. In addition to learning your current belt level Form, practicing sparring or One-Steps and learning how to defend yourself through our reality based self defense program, you might use targets, punching bags, push ups, sit ups and medicine balls in a variety of fun and challenging activities to increase flexibility and improve muscle strength. The variety and individual challenge of TaeKwonDo can also help:
* Achieve and maintain a healthier lifestyle
* Improve endurance, strength and overall fitness
* Increase the likelihood that you will exercise regularly
* Develop the skills to defend yourself
Please Contact Us
if you have any questions about our programs or would like to know about other programs that may not be listed here.